Dawgs in College, Where are these ABSC Swimmers Now?
With Aidan Brook from ABSC’s 2017 Class making it on to the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Swim Team a few weeks ago, ABSC’s 2017 Senior Class now has 5 swimmers participating on college teams!
Did you know, over the last four years ABSC has had 20 swimmers sign with college swim teams? That’s right at 5 Seniors per year going on to swim in college after their time with ABSC. Of those 20, there are 16 that are still currently swimming on college rosters! Here they are, by their year of eligibility in college:
- Cedar Hawks – Berry College
- Patrick Humphreys – University of Georgia
- Eliza Petersen – Carson-Newman University
- Anna Rose More – Georgia Southern University
- Caroline Allen – Liberty University
- Mary Claire Cardwell – University of Georgia
- Fear Churchwell – Calvin College
- Ian Hentenaar – Davidson College
- Camille Porter – Auburn University
- Madison Rogan – University of North Carolina, Asheville.
- Skylar Rogan – University of North Carolina, Asheville.
- Aidan Brook – Georgia Tech
- Danielle Dellatorre – University of Georgia
- Berklee Hawks – Berry College
- Grace Mauldin – Georgia Tech
- Alexis Shirley – Air Force Academy
Others that swam at least one season in college but moved on to other things:
- Mae McWhorter – Current Senior, swam at Georgia Southern University
- Kara Powell – Current Junior, swam at Towson University
- Robert Wylie – Current Sophomore, swam at West Virginia University
- Annie Williamson – Current Junior, swam at University of Georgia
It’s clear to see that ABSC has a strong tradition of athletes going on to swim in college, and this doesn’t even go back further than the last four years! There are countless others that have gone on to swim at schools all over the country.
There are three former ABSC swimmers currently coaching for ABSC as well! Dylan Kalessa, Emma Lowring, and Hannah Scarbrough are all coaching for us this year. Even those that don’t swim in college often stay connected to the sport in one way or another!
It should also be noted that while not all of our graduating seniors go on to swim in college, we are at 100% college attendance right now for all of our graduating seniors. Swimmers are routinely considered some of the most academically successful athletes, and our college attendance rates show why!
Here’s to more good things to come with our program, and good luck with our current high school Seniors!