Welcome to the Fall Term '18/'19
— Athens Ga, Fall 2018 —
It’s about that time, Folks! Find that swim bag that’s been hiding in the corner of the closet the past few weeks, or even months. Snatch those goggles up and clean out their lenses, loosen up their straps, and give them a test wear. Pull apart the edges of your crinkled swim caps and stretch them out. Swim season is coming!
We’ve got great things in store this season around ABSC, and we can’t wait to get our swimmers back in the pool. We believe swimming is a sport that develops the whole child – mind, body, and spirit – and you can believe that we’ll be teaching those lessons and pushing our swimmers to be the best they can be once again in 2018!
Here’s several helpful notes and links for you as we get ready for the upcoming season!
Practice Starting Back Up
- Senior 1, Senior 2, and Dawgs get back in the water this Tuesday, September 4th! (NOTE*** SENIOR 2 PRACTICING AT 5:30 THIS FIRST WEEK of SEPT 4TH)
- Gups, Pups, and Superpups start up on Monday, September 10th!
- Check out our Master Calendar here!
New Family Orientation
Thursday, September 6th at 5:30 PM at the Ramsey Center for all groups, including Gups! If you’re brand new to the team, or have joined since last year’s orientation, come on out and meet the coaches, hear about our program, and ask questions about our team!
Equipment and Outfitting: Check out the team store here!
Did you know each practice group has required equipment?
- Gups: Fins and Kickboard
- Pups: Fins and Kickboard
- Superpups: Fins, Kickboard, and Pull Bouy
- Dawgs: Fins, Kickboard, Pull Buoy, and Paddles, and Snorkel
- Senior 2: Fins, Kickboard, Pull Buoy, and Paddles
- Senior 1: Fins, Kickboard, Pull Buoy, and Paddles, and Snorkel
Did you know wearing an ABSC cap at meets is required? All new swimmers get a free, white, ABSC latex cap. You can also order a custom silicon cap with your last name on it, or purchase a plain silicon or latex cap if you’re a returning swimmer.
Did you know know we have a team suit? Team suit is not required but encouraged, and last year’s swimmers can wear last year’s suit as it has changed.
Swim Meets Coming Up!
- You can find our meet schedule all season long at the Schedule and Information page, along with pre-meet info, results, and more!
- Our first meet, the Red & Black meet, is coming up on September 27th! Mark your calendar.
- Other meet questions? Check out Swim Meet 101 for more!
Other Useful Notes and Links:
- Club Membership Parent Packet! Make sure you’ve given it a glance and our up to speed on what you can expect at ABSC. Remember volunteering is expected at all meets your swimmer competes in!
- Coaching Staff. Lead Group Coaches are in place for the 2018 Season!
- Gups: Hannah Scarbrough
- Pups: Emma Lowring
- Superpups: Mike Radford
- Dawgs: Jonathan Foggin
- Senior 2: Mike Radford
- Senior 1: Martin Grodzki
- Stroke Clinic Series: Kat Blanchard
- Masters: Craig Page
It’s gonna be a great season!