Senior Sectionals Preview - ABSC Looks for Big Meet
March 7th – 10th, 2019. Cary, NC.
ABSC is taking it’s largest group in years to the Sectionals meet in Cary, North Carolina for the 2019 rendition of the Senior Sectional Short Course Championships.
The Dawgs are looking to build off of a strong showing last year at the Sectionals meet, and another good performance by a smaller group at Junior Nationals back in December.
In 2018, ABSC’s men placed 6th overall at this meet, while only a few women went, and they did not place in finals. Both of those finishes should be trending upward this year, as ABSC is able to fill out both men’s and women’s relays this time (including enough for alternates), and we have some very highly seeded relays and individual events.
Headlining for the Dawgs:
Headlining the meet for ABSC are two of our trusty senior boys, Jackson Harvin (committed to Georgia Tech) and Charlie Logan (Committed to Georgia).
Harvin enters the meet as the number one overall seed in the 200 IM with the only sub-1:50.00 time coming into the meet! He is followed closely by Charlie Logan, who is the #3 overall seed. Harvin is also seeded highly in the 200 free (2nd), 100 fly (6th), 200 fly (5th), 500 free (12th), and 100 free (11th). Should be a big meet for Jackson!
The aforementioned Charlie Logan is also strongly seeded in other events besides his 3rd-rank in the 200 IM. Logan finds himself well-positioned in the 200 free (4th), 100 fly (24th), 200 fly (11th), 100 back (18th), 500 free (2nd), and 200 back (4th).
But it doesn’t stop there for ABSC. 16 year-old Sophomore Ryan Wylie is positioned very well in a couple of events, including the 1650 free (3rd), 200 free (5th), 500 free (5th), and 100 free (22nd). He’s also in the 100 fly, 50 free, and 200 IM.
The highest seeded relay for ABSC prior to the meet is the men’s 4×200 free relay, headlined by Jackson Harvin, Ryan Wylie, and Charlie Logan who are all seeded in the top-5 of the 200 free individually.
It’s also exciting that we can now field a women’s relay in every single relay, unlike last year! ABSC’s other relays have the following seed positions heading into the meet:
- Women’s 4×200 free: 13th seed
- Women’s 4×100 free:18th seed
- Men’s 4×100 free: 6th seed
- Women’s 4×100 Medley: 21st seed
- Men’s 4×100 Medley: 17th seed
Other Individual Swims:
Finally to round out our preview, here is a list of ABSC’s other individual swims. Swimmers cracking the top-30 in seed placing will have their seed annotated.
- Jackson Bates: 200 breast (20th), 100 breast (27th), 200 IM
- Olivia DellaTorre: 100 breast (21st), 200 breast (21st), 200 IM (25th), 200 fly (30th), 100 fly
- Ella Freeman: 100 breast (14th), 200 breast (14th), 200 free, 100 free, 200 IM
- Gavin Jones: 200 free, 400 IM, 100 back, 500 free, 100 free, 200 back, 1650 free
- Henry Logan: 500 free (28th), 1000 free, 100 back, 200 back.
- Macy Mullis: 100 back (7th), 200 back, 100 fly, 50 free, 100 free
- Sarah Riley: 200 fly (16th), 200 free (27th), 100 fly, 500 free, 100 free, 200 IM
- Lucy Yeomans: 100 free (28th), 200 free (28th), 400 IM, 50 free, 200 IM, 500 free
- Karen Zhao: 100 free (13th), 200 free (17th), 400 IM (29th), 50 free, 200 IM.
As you can see, it’s going to be a great meet for the Dawgs! We’ll keep you updated as the weekend goes on! Go Dawgs!