Deli Dawg Nights - First One Sept. 24th!
A team who eats together, wins together!
If you’ve been around ABSC, you know we FULLY embrace this motto. We all know swimmers LOVE to eat, and we enjoy eating together. We experienced this with our pre-season potluck, and we’ve got another chance coming up!
One Monday evening each month, ABSC coaches will nominate one swimmer from each group to be the “Deli Dawg Swimmer of the Month.” The Deli Dawg swimmers are selected by their coaches based on the following criteria:
- Being an exemplary teammate
- Showing strong performance in practice and meets that month/since the last Deli Dawg night.
- Rising to challenges or overcoming adversity
The first Deli Dawg Night of our 2018/2019 season is Monday, Sept. 24th.
At the beginning of practice, the coaches will gather the swimmers together and explain why each swimmer is receiving the Deli Dawg award that month. The swimmer will receive a free meal pass to Jason’s Deli on the spot!
Then, the swimmers will pratice (with altered times for some groups), and will make their way over to Jason’s Deli where we’ll all eat as a team! Here’s what practice will look like for each group on Deli Dawg Nights:
- Gups: Normal Practice time. Arrive at Deli by 6:30
- Pups: Normal Practice time. Arrive at Deli by 6:50
- Supers: Dryland Only practice, finish by 6:30. Arrive at Deli by 6:50
- Dawgs: Practice until 6:40. Arrive at Deli by 7:00
- Senior 2: Practice moved up, begins at 5:30, swim until 6:35. Arrive at Deli by 7:00
- Senior 1: Practice until 6:45. Arrive at Deli by 6:10
To have an idea, here is a list of last season’s winning swimmers: 2017/2018 Deli Dawg Winners.
See you at the deli, and Go Dawgs!