Dawgs in College -- 2018 Update. Where Are They Now?!
We love when our swimmers keep on swimming!
With Charlie Logan’s commitment to swim at the University of Georgia earlier this week, we thought it would be a great time to bring back our report of Dawgs swimming in college! ABSC was blessed to have 3 swimmers move on to swim in college last year, and we one more move on to join the ABSC coaching staff!
As it currently stands, ABSC has had 20 swimmers sign with college swim teams!! That’s right at 5 Seniors per year going on to swim in college after their time with ABSC. Of those 20, there are 17 that are still currently swimming on college rosters! Here they are, by their year of eligibility in college:
- Eliza Petersen – Carson-Newman University
- Anna Rose More – Georgia Southern University
- Caroline Allen – Liberty University
- Mary Claire Cardwell – University of Georgia
- Fear Churchwell – Calvin College
- Ian Hentenaar – Davidson College
- Camille Porter – Auburn University
- Madison Rogan – University of North Carolina, Asheville.
- Skylar Rogan – University of North Carolina, Asheville.
- Aidan Brook – Georgia Tech
- Danielle Dellatorre – University of Georgia
- Berklee Hawks – Berry College
- Grace Mauldin – Georgia Tech
- Alexis Shirley – Air Force Academy
- Owen Churchwell – University of Massachusettes
- Erin Osborne – Rhodes College
- John Morgan McDonald – University of the Cumberlands
Others that swam at least one season in college but moved on to other things:
- Kara Powell – Current 4th year, swam at Towson University
- Robert Wylie – Current 3rd year, swam at West Virginia University
- Annie Williamson – Current 4th year, swam at University of Georgia
It’s clear to see that ABSC has a strong tradition of athletes going on to swim in college, and this doesn’t even go back further than the last four years! There are countless others that have gone on to swim at schools all over the country.
Former Swimmers Now Coaching
One of our favorite things at ABSC is when former swimmers take their next step and join the coaching staff! This past year, Anna Ash – the 2018 Northeast Divisionals champion in the 200 freestyle – joined ABSC’s coaching staff and is one of our awesome Gups coaches!
Along with Anna, we also have Emma Lowring (Lead Pups Coach), Hannah Scarbrough (Lead Gups Coach), and Lyndsey Kalessa (Pups Coach), who serve as former ABSC swimmers on our coaching staff.
It should also be noted that while not all of our graduating seniors go on to swim in college, we are at 100% college attendance right now for all of our graduating seniors. Swimmers are routinely considered some of the most academically successful athletes, and our college attendance rates show why!
Looking forward to a bright future with many more ABSC college swimmers to come. Go Dawgs!!