ABSC's First Ever Safe Sport Training Through USA Swimming
On Wednesday, September 6th, ABSC will be hosting it’s first ever Safe Sport training through USA Swimming. Read about Safe Sport.
Ceci Christy — the Georgia Swimming’s LSC’s resident Safe Sport representative — will be coming to Athens to meet with our high school aged swimmers and their parents. She will be offering a training session on bullying, peer pressure, and social media, to help maintain a safe and team-oriented environment on our club.
Ceci is a consummate professional who comes to us with rave reviews. Most recently, she spoke to the Georgia Swimming Zone Team (of which ABSC’s own Charlie Logan and Jackson Harvin were a part) and trained them over similar topics. Here are a couple bullet points of what you need to know.
- All high school-aged athletes are required to attend, regardless of practice group
- 7th and 8th grade swimmers can optionally attend
- One parent/guardian for each swimmer should be present
- Training begins at 5:30 PM, lasts until 7:00 PM
- First 30-40 minutes for swimmers and parents, remaining time swimmers only
- Short practice upon the conclusion (7-7:30 or so)
If you didn’t happen to see Coach Jonathan’s email from last week on the topic, please see below: