ABSC's Fall Term Beginning Soon!
It’s almost that time again!!! The ABSC coaching staff is ready to get the season rolling!
We’re all starting to get a little antsy about getting back to the pool! The good news is that we’ll be back soon, so I hope you’re getting ready for the smell of chlorine and the wet towels all over your house/car/self. Check out some key dates below:
- Tuesday, September 5th: First day back for Dawgs, Senior 2, and Senior 1 Swimmers.
- All three groups should plan to arrive at 5:30 PM! This includes Senior 2, who will arrive at 5:30 all week. They will then start their normal 6:30 practice time the following week and maintain that all year.
- All three groups should bring athletic shoes and clothes, for “dryland” practice
- Monday, September 11th: First day back for Gups, Pups, and Superpups swimmers.
- All three groups will begin practice at the Ramsey Center at 5:30 PM!. This includes the Gups, who normally practice at the YWCO at 5:00.
- Gups will only practice at Ramsey on Monday. They will return to the YWCO for their Wednesday practice and remain there.
- Monday, September 11th: New Family Orientation.
- Will take place at the Ramsey Center, starting at 5:15 PM.
- For new families of all practice groups, including the Gups, but not including the stroke clinic families.
- Swimmers will join their practice groups for their swim practice, while parents meet with Jonathan and Mike.
- Parents will have a chance to meet and greet their child’s coaches at the conclusion of their child’s practice
- Gups and Pups practices will last 1 hour. Superpups and Senior 2 will last an hour and a half. Dawgs and Senior 1 will last roughly 2 hours.
- The orientation meeting for parents should last 30 – 45 Minutes
- Tuesday, September 12th: First Day of the Fall Splash Session 1 Clinic.
- Will begin at 4:00 PM at the YWCO
- All swimmers will register the first day. Forms will be emailed ahead of time. Parents should bring forms pre-filled and include a check with their fee, made out to ABSC
- The first practice will serve as an evaluation
I hope this helps! Here are a couple of other important dates:
- Tuesday, August 29th: ABSC “Back to Swim” Potluck Dinner and Hangout.
- Starts at 5:30 PM
- Bring a dish of your choice – signup coming soon
- Games including frisbee and cornhole, and a surprise coming…
- Tuesday, September 5th: First team outfitting for team suits and equipment.
- Begins at 5:15 PM at the Ramsey Center in the stands
- Team suits will be on hand for try-on and purchase
- All necessary equipment will be available – see your swimmers practice group for details
- Wednesday, September 6th: Mandatory Safe Sport training.
- Mandatory for 9th grade and older swimmers, optional for 7th + 8th graders
- Led by a representative from USA Swimming’s Safe Sport Initiative
- Topics major topic: Social Media Safetey, but others will be discussed.
- More details to come!
- Wednesday, September 13th: Team outfitting for suits and equipment #2.
- Second outfitting offered to decrease lines and wait time
- Same details as above in terms of start time and location
- Friday, September 29th: ABSC Red&Black meet.
- First meet of the season
- All groups should come, every swimmer should participate if possible
- Warmups beginning at 4:30 PM
- At the Ramsey Center
Thanks everyone, and we’re looking forward to seeing all of you at the pool soon!