When the schools let out, ABSC keeps on going! The Holiday training schedule can be one of the most important and productive times in the season training cycle! As such, the Gups, Pups, Superpups, Dawgs, Senior 2, Senior 1, and masters groups will have some opportunities to train.
Please note the following
- Gups and Pups are off until the new term begins the first week of January.
- Swimmer are not billed extra for winter training – part of your Fall term fees.
- Locations and times are now finalized.
Without further ado, here is the schedule: ABSC Holiday Schedule 2017 Final
Every year, Georgia Swimming (the local governing body of ABSC) releases it’s list of All-Stars within the LSC. The list of 2016/2017 Swimmers is in, and ABSC has a great showing of athletes!
ABSC’s convenient placement in the alphabetical order of clubs has our swimmers listed at the top! To see all of ABSC’s 2016/2017 All-stars, click here: ABSC All-star Swimmers.
** NOTE ** Many UGA Swimmers and post-graduate professional swimmers are listed on our club list, as a number of them register with our club through USA Swimming once they come to college. They do this so that they can continue training in Athens year-round, or keep training in Athens once they graduate college.
An “All-Star” swimmer according to Georgia Swimming is one that accomplishes a AAA time or faster, according to the Motivational Time standards released by USA Swimming. That faster include:
- AAAA times,
- Top-10 national times
- Junior and Senior National Qualifying times
- Olympic Trial times
These motivational times are arbitrary standards, but they provide goals for swimmers to shoot for as they improve and spend longer amounts of time in the sport. To see the motivational time standards, click here: Motivational Time Standards.
Out of the big list above, the following swimmer are 18&under swimmers that currently swim for ABSC, or current college-aged swimmers that grew up swimming with our club:
- Jackson Bates, Aidan Brook, Eileen Brook, Mary Claire Cardwell, Jenna Champer, Owen Churchwell, Matthew Colquitt, Danielle DellaTorre, Parker Fagrell, Brynn Halbach, Jackson Harvin, Ian Hentenaar, Daniel Huang, Gavin Jones, Ava Kennedy, Charlie Logan, Lauren Massey, John Morgan McDonald, Megan Measel, Payton Morrison, Macy Mullis, Madison Rogan, Skylar Rogan, Alexis Shirley, McKee Thorsen, Ryan Wylie, James Xiao, Lucy Yeomans, Karen Zhao
Congratulations to our 2016/2017 All-star Swimmers, and here’s to many more moving forward. Go Dawgs!
It’s T-shirt Time!
The 2017 ABSC T-shirts are RED, and every ABSC swimmer will receive one. That being said, what if you want more than one red shirt? What if you want a different color, or parents/siblings/friends want a T-shirt?
You’re in luck! Make sure to download the order form here: T Shirt Order Form 2017-2018. We are also offering sweatshirts for sale this year, so make sure to check out that order form!
For the standard shirt that every swimmer receives, coaches will be collecting t-shirt sizes this week at practice. To help the coaches out, take a moment and fill out this google form: T-shirt Size Form.
Thanks, and Go Dawgs!
The 2017 Thanksgiving Holiday break is upon us, so it’s time to examine what each practice group will be doing for the Holiday break.
*** NOTE *** There have been some additions and amendments since the break was first mentioned in the update email last week on Halloween.
- Monday, Nov 20th: All groups normal practice schedule
- Tuesday, Nov 21st: Gups + Pups at the YWCO from 4-5 PM. Supers, Dawgs, Senior 2, Senior 1, and Masters attend normal practice Schedule
- Wednesday, Nov 22nd: Gups and Pups off. Senior 1 and Dawgs = 11AM – 1PM at Ramsey, Superpups, Senior 2 and Masters: 1PM – 2PM at Ramsey.
- Thursday, Nov. 23rd (Thanksgiving Day) – Saturday, Nov. 25th. All groups off!
- Sunday, Nov. 26th: Senior 1 and Masters return to practice – normal Sunday time.
- Monday, Nov. 27th: All groups return to normal practice schedule.
Thanks everyone, and please let the coaching staff know if you have any questions or concerns. Go Dawgs!