14&Under State Preview for ABSC
February 12th, 2018.
Here comes ABSC! Starting this weekend, ABSC’s 14&under swimmers will journey down to Georgia Tech and race the fastest competition from around the state of Georgia! But this year, they’ll face a brand new challenge.
ABSC has enjoyed massive success at the 14&under state meet over the last few years, both in short course and long course! Over the last 4 years, ABSC hadn’t placed lower than 3rd in the medium-sized team division… that is until last summer!
At the long course meet last summer, ABSC moved for the first time into the “Large Team” division at the state meet. By surpassing the 200 swimmer mark, ABSC was reorganized up a level, and had to compete against the largest teams in the state! Despite the new challenge, ABSC still placed 6th in the new division last summer! Now, ABSC swimmers will go at it with the large teams for the first time in Short Course!
Over the Course of the weekend, ABSC will have some key swims to keep an eye on (NOTE** All following data comes from a preliminary psych sheet. A new one with updated times will be posted on Tuesday, so some of this information may change). Below is a list of all swimmers seeded in a scoring position at the meet as of the first round of entries. The top 10 score for 10&under, 11, and 12 year-olds. 13-14 are combined, and top 20 score.
- Jackson Bates is seeded 3rd in both the 100 and 200 breast.
- Eileen Brook is a 5 seed right now in the 50, 100, and 200 backstroke, 9th in the 200 and 400 IM, and 10th in the 500 free.
- Simon Casey is 5th seed for the 1000 free, 7th in the 100 and 200 fly, an 8 seed for the 50 fly, and the 9th seed for the 200 back,
- Olivia Dellatorre is 18th seed in the 200 breast.
- Ella Dillon is seeded 7th in the 50 back and 8th in the 50 breast.
- Parker Fagrell is #2 seed in the 1000 free, the 7th seed in the 50 back and 200 back, and the 200 free, and the 8 seed in the 50 and 100 free.
- Will Foggin is 19th in the 400 IM, and he will be seeded top 10 in the 500 with an updated time from high school state.
- Gavin Jones is 11th in the 500 free, 15th in the 1000 free, 16th in the 400 IM, 20th in the 200 fly and 200 IM.
- Henry Logan is a 9 seed for the 1000 free, 12th in the 200 back, 17th in the 200 free, and 19th in the 100 free.
- Ansley Nunnally is seeded 1st overall in the 50 and 100 fly, and the 200 free, is a 2-seed in the 50, 100, and 500 free, 3rd in the 200 IM, 4th in the 100 IM, 5th in the 50 breast, 50 back and 100 back,
- Ryan Xiao is the #4 seed in the 1000 free, and 9th seed in the 500 free.
- Jack Yu is 7th in the 50 breast and 10th in the 200 fly.
- Karen Zhao comes in at a 6-seed in the 100 free, 9th in the 200 free, 11th in the 200 IM, 12th in the 50 free, 14th in the 500 free, 19th in the 200 breast
- 400 free relays: 13-14 boys seeded 6th, 11-12 girls seeded 7th, 11-12 boys seeded 9th
- 200 free relays: 11-12 girls seeded 7th, 10&under boys seeded 6th.
- 400 Medley Relays: 13-14 Boys seeded 6th, 12&under boys seeded 8th
- 200 Medley Relays: 13-14 boys seeded 8th, 11-12 boys seeded 8th, 10&under girls seeded 7th
Below is a list of all the swimmers competing in individual events for the meet.
- 13-14 Girls: Emma Champer, Jenna Champer, Olivia DellaTorre, Ella Freeman, Emily Schulz, Karen Zhoa
- 13-14 Boys: Julian Attaway, Jackson Bates, Will Foggin, Gavin Jones, Henry Logan, Payton Morrision, McKee Thorsen, James Xiao
- 11-12 Girls: Eileen Broo, Aubree-Clare Flores, Ansley Halbach, Rebecca Pursner, Ginny Thorsen
- 11-12 Boys: Eli Bates, Simon Casey, Parker Fagrell, Ryan Xiao, Jack Yu
- 10&Under Girls and Boys: Ella Dillon, Ansley Nunnally, Kailey Teyner, David Hiss, Luke Phillips, Torin Trotter
Good luck to all of our ABSC swimmers! GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!